Cara's Mandarin Pecan Salad:
- 6 oz bag of fresh Baby Spinach
- 11 oz can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup Pecans, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 a Lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (or double the amount of Lemon Juice)
- pinch of salt and pepper
Another easy, no cook dish! Make sure your spinach is rinsed and patted dry. Assemble lemon dressing in a jar or other seal-able vessel, including lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Close jar and shake until combined into a pale yellow dressing. Mix the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl. Dress salad to your liking (you don't have to use all of the dressing, it's all about personal preference!). For a heartier main dish, feel free to add a grilled chicken breast or salmon fillet.
Simple foods make healthier lifestyles. Don't let the battle of the bulge get the best of you!