- about 1.5 to 2 cups chopped brisket
- 1/2 onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, de-veined, and finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup diced tomato
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- sour cream
- corn tortillas (about 8 little tortillas or 4 large)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Heat a large or medium skillet to medium high heat. Add oil and coat the pan. Add veggies and sautee for a few minutes. Put in the brisket and spices and stir heat through. Once the meat is thoroughly heated, remove pan from heat, add lime juice and stir to combine. Heat corn tortillas and fill tacos. A spoonful of sour cream on each taco to finish and serve!
You can also throw in some cilantro at the end with the lime, or even use fresh avocado or guacamole instead of sour cream. Heck, you can use it all! Let your taste buds be the judge.
(Note: Photo above are not the exact same tacos, but I added a photo for reference of what your tacos should, more or less, look like)